This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for this website. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is
used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
The HIPAA Privacy Rule was designed to provide privacy standards to protect client’s medical records and other health information provided to health plans, doctors, hospitals and other health care providers. Developed by the Department of Health and Human Services, these standards provide patients more control over how their personal health information is used and disclosed. The Luminous Care is required by federal and state law to maintain the privacy of protected health information for each individual.
Use and Disclosure of PHI
The Luminous Care may use your protected health information for purposes of providing treatment, obtaining payment for treatment, and conducting health care operations. Not every use or disclosure possible is listed, but all the ways that we are permitted to use and disclose your protected health information will fall within one of these general categories.
Consent to Treatment (authorization from the client) –
Exceptions are provided below. The Luminous Care will not use or disclose your PHI unless you have signed a form authorizing/consenting to the use or disclosure. You have the right to revoke that authorization except to the extent that we have taken action in reliance upon the authorization. Unless you provide us with a written authorization, we will not use or disclose your medical information for any purpose other than those described in this notice.
Your protected health information only with your proper written consent will be used, as needed, to obtain payment for the services that we provide. This may include certain communications to your health insurer to get approval for the treatment that we recommend. We may also disclose protected health information to your insurance company to determine whether you are eligible for benefits or whether a particular service is covered under your health plan. In order to get payment for your services, we may also need to disclose your protected health information to your insurance company to demonstrate the medical necessity of the services or, as required by your insurance company, for utilization review. We may also disclose client information to another provider involved in your care for the other provider’s payment activities.
We may use or disclose your protected health information, as necessary, for our own health care operations in order to facilitate the function of The Luminous Care and to provide quality care to all clients. Health care operations include:
- Performance Improvement and Quality Assurance
- Employee review functions
- Training of staff and supervision
- Accreditation, certification, and licensing
- Review and auditing for clinical and medical reviews and legal services
Other Uses and Disclosures:
The Luminous Care may make certain disclosures of PHI without your authorization. These include:
- Any purpose required by law.
- Public health activities, such as reporting of disease, injury, and death and/or for public health investigations
- To the proper authorities if we suspect child abuse or neglect; we may also disclose your PHI if we believe you to be a victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
- Judicial or administrative proceedings (such as subpoena or discovery request)
- Attempt to harm self or another person.
- Requires immediate medical attention (hospitalization)
Federal privacy standards provide rights to users. These rights include:
- The right to request restrictions on the use and disclosure of protected health information.
- The right to receive confidential communication regarding your medical information and treatment.
- The right to inspect and receive a copy of your protected health information.
- The right to amend and submit corrections to your protected health information.
- The right to receive an accounting of how and to whom your protected health information has been disclosed.
- The right to receive a printed copy of this notice.
Right to Revision
The Luminous Care reserves the right to modify policy and procedures at any time, as legally permitted. Such changes may be mandated by federal or state legislation. Should any policy or procedure be changed at any time, users will be provided with an amended notice upon their next visit. All amended policies will be applied to any and all protected health information, which we will possess.
Requests to Inspect Protected Health Information
Requests to review or receive a copy of any protected health information must be submitted in writing, as required by law. Request forms may be obtained by contacting the privacy officer at The Luminous Care. Any concerns regarding violation of rights should be documented in writing and brought to our attention immediately. It is prohibited by law for an individual to be penalized or retaliated against for filing such a grievance.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The Luminous Care
2301 W Sample Road, Suite 2B
Pompano Beach, FL 33063